Monday 18 October 2010

Eco-Schools, Healthy-Schools

It's really exciting to see so many eco-projects or health-projects going on in primary schools around Liverpool! I'm just starting to recruit schools for a research study looking whether Year 6 (age10/11) children 'engage' with my message of 'Low Carbon Healthy Lifestyles'. Two simple examples are:
  •  walking to school - reduces pollution & improves health and fitness.
  • eating local veg & growing their own - reduces food miles, avoids potentially nasty ingredients like palm oil (linked with deforestation) & improves diet
But these are just my examples - I'm hoping to find out what young people are thinking about and interested in. So looking at their schools websites there's all sorts of projects including school gardens, projects in the park, even a project where they've linked up with schools in Nigeria and Zimbabwe and made a video!

I'm also linking up with 2010 Year of Health and Wellbeing in Liverpool city region:

Contact me for more details on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment